St. Matthew's School
119 Cowan Avenue, St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, A1E 4W4
Phone: (709)745-1513 Fax: (709)745-3618
Welcome to St. Matthew’s School Web Site
You will find here links to the school district and the department of education which will allow you to be better informed on the umbrella policies that govern our school. You will also find current information on school events, important dates and even school council contact information.
Please accept our best wishes for a successful school year as we all Strive for Excellence.
Yours in education,
Sharon Vivian – Principal Charmayne Rumbolt - Assistant Principal
Daily School Schedule
08:10 - School doors open
08:30 - Classes begin
10:30 - Recess begins
10:45 - Recess ends
11:45 - Lunch
12:35 - Classes resume
02:35 - Dismissal
This week at St. Matthew's
October 15 - 18
Here's some information about this upcoming week:
- Tuesday, October 15 is Recycling Day! Please bring along your beverage recyclables and help our school and the environment!
- Tuesday, October 15 is the deadline for School Lunch orders for November. Please ensure you order online or return your envelope.
- For parents/guardians who are planning to assist with field trips this year, please ensure you have completed a Volunteer Information Form and applied for a Code of Conduct from the RNC. Drop by the office for the applications.
- Just a reminder that vehicles are not permitted to do a u turn in our parking lot. For those planning to drop children in the morning, you are expected to follow the flow of the parking lot up to the area where staff open car doors for students to exit. Parents/guardians are not permitted to drop off students in any other location. We have noticed that some people continue to pull up the lane by the crossing guard and let students exit. This is not a drop off lane and very unsafe. Also, please ensure you park in a designated parking space if you wish to walk your child into the school building.
- Also a reminder that our school playground is for the use of our students only during the school day. We have noticed some families using the playground when our students are playing outside. No adult, other than school staff is permitted on the playground during the school day.
- Photo Retakes will take place on Tuesday, October 29 in the morning.
- There are some grade level field trips coming up. Please ensure that you return the permission slip with payment as soon as possible. Unfortunately, those without written permission will not be permitted to attend the field trip.
Thursday, October 10, 2019
Just a reminder to families that there is no school for students on Friday, Oct. 11 or on Monday, Oct. 14. Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving weekend!
Also, School Lunch order envelopes for November will go home Thursday, October 10, 2019. Orders are due back on Tuesday, Oct. 15. Online ordering is open now.
Friday, October 4
- Please look for our School Newsletter going home today. You can view the electronic version here.
View School Lists for the 2019 -2020 school year
Tuesday, Oct. 15
- Recycling Day
- DEADLINE for November School Lunch ordering
Friday, October 25
- Silly Squad – Pajamarama for the Janeway
Monday, October 28
- Recycling Day
Tuesday, October 29
- Photo retakes in the morning